Link building is perhaps the best way to improve the ranking of your website. So important is this, that developing great link building strategies has become a full-time job for many people today. Link popularity goes a long way in determining how well your website ranks, and as the algorithms for ranking websites change from time to time, you would do well to have a strategy in place to meet every new change head-on.
Link building is not just about getting backlinks, but getting top-quality backlinks that will increase the ranking of your website, and keep it at that level. In fact, link building is an effective campaign that requires dedication and competence. Simply put, to stay on top, you have to streamline your strategies to maximize impact continually.
It is vital to have a standard for designing and implementing strategies for building links. Link integrity is tricky and requires a certain level of carefulness. Knowing how to build a link strategy effectively is one part of it; setting up a standard to follow is quite a different thing. For example, you might be able to build your website rank to an enviable position, and because of this, a lot of other sites would want to link your page with theirs to improve their authority. You have to be selective, however, because having your website linked to too many websites with lower page authority will most likely lower yours. If you have doubts about a particular website, do not link your website.
Certain features must be considered when planning a link building strategy. It is necessary to find the quality of the pages you are linking with, and that in the long run, they have the potential to improve. Being strategic enough to set clear goals from the beginning is necessary because, at some point, you might be tempted to take another course of action for a few weeks just to put your website rank up there. However, not every route is good enough for you in the long run. Guest blogging might be a wonderful idea, but if you end up doing it the wrong way, the effects might take some time to reverse.
How to develop a sound strategy
- Set clearly defend goals for your website’s ranking. These goals should be actionable and achievable within the time limit.
- Improve the website’s user experience in order to create the best environment to reach out to visitors.
- Create an active social media campaign to boost your online presence.
- Engage the services of professional link building agencies either on a part-time or full-time basis.
Strategy evaluation is the process of analyzing your strategies and determining how effective they are in the pursuit of your goals. As an internal analysis tool, strategy evaluation is an integral part of project planning which is sometimes left out due to negligence. If you do not regularly measure your strategies, there is a chance that they will become obsolete and reduce the chances of hitting set goals.
2020 is already into the second half, and teams are getting tasked with drawing a roadmap for the next year 2021. Preparations for the new year is underway
Practical steps in evaluating strategies
Finding the balance between good link building strategies and modifying them for future needs can be tricky. A slight change can easily affect their impact, and yet if left unattended, they could fall behind when new updates are made. The following can help you find a direction:
- Determine the best ranking pages, and the outside link responsible for them. Knowing this will give you an idea of where to focus on.
- Find the best user experience on the ranking pages. Compare with yours and note the areas that need improvement.
- Evaluate key performance index, compare with other ranking pages.
- Regularly study the updates from search engines and analyze your strategy. Are they in sync?
- How flexible is your strategy? Is it so tight that a little tweaking might undo the whole plan? Find a balance between flexibility and stability.